more than
tea and scones

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

I love my tent...

Ack! 10 days until my return, I hope Canada is ready for me. I love it here so much, I've even taken a liking to the 5x5ft tent that is home. The weather has been absolutly beautiful, clear blue sky, sun, no rain and beautiful sunsets.

Yesterday I made it into Amsterdam, finished off most of my gift shopping and splurged for TWO brand new pairs of socks (2pair for 1euro! Cheers to markets!)...I've been having quite the sock crisis...and now a shoe crisis (I wander the campground barefoot because my infected oozing feet cannot tolerate being enclosed in shoes). Last night I had a barbeque with these three fantastic British travellers (Cheers to Mike, Joe and Alex when you read this!). We gorged and binged on kabaps, sausage, burgers, fantastic bread, chocolate, chips and these 'stoopwaffels' (its like a biscuit made of maple syrup. Everyone will be recieving their very own stoopwaffel upon my return).

Today I'm going to the lake, this time I hope to submerge more than my knees (that water is just TOO icy!!)

Downside...this morning we just got a delivery of sod (they're doing construction in the parkinglot), I hate that smell. It reminds me of Rona...its so suffocating and rank, its like rotting apples.
-------------------------------
Location: Lucky Lake Amsterdam
Wearing: ha...the same thing that I wore for the last post...sans shoes
Day's Activities: wake up, bid farewell to the Brits, lounge, tea, internet, beach
Thing you miss: washing machine
-------------------------------

jenny at 11:46 AM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment