more than
tea and scones

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Jody's Tip for the Day:

Well, that pretty much describes my day so far. We arrived in Barcelona 11pm last night, and after 2 hours of wandering up and down the streets and through the metro trains, we finally found a hostel that would take us in for the night. We woke up late today, finally took a much-needed shower (3 days on trains with no showers males you greatly appreciate when you finally find one) and wandered up and down the famous "La Rambla" street (right outside our front door) for a while before we decided it was time to hit the beach. I'm kinda hoping to make it an early night, and spend tomorrow exploring the Barcelona night.

In other news, we've managed to find a KICK ASS concert in Belgium that we're going to go to. It's the 'Pukklepop' festival in Hasselt, Belgium. A three-day, jam packed festival held in a farmers field, complete with camping and riotus good fun. And the heart-stopping thing (and the reason I know about it) is the fact the Dresden Dolls are playing there. I can officially die content (I can't die happy till I pack a Tom Waits show or two in there) But seriously, check out pukklepop.be for the lineup. (And yes mom, I have the money. It's actually a great deal, if you consider that it's 3 night's accomodation, including train ride, and tons of wonderful entertainment. Our only problem is how to get tickets. We're on the road, so we don't have an address for them to ship it to. (What good is having them send it to Canada, when we're still over here with no way of getting the tickets ourselves) They're closed for the weekend, but we're calling them Monday to try and see what they can do. Oh, and now we have to find a cheap tent somewhere too. Start commenting with fun names for our temporary home?

Oh, and anyone who wants postcards, comment or email me your address. I'm ready to start sending, so let me know. And Joe! Email me your cell #. I forgot to bring it, and don't really want to wake your family in the middle of the night.

Augh, time running out! Gotta go! See ya!

-------------------------------
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Wearing: Black capris, striped top. FINALLY CLEAN!
Day's Activities: Beach, sunburn, eat tappas, internet (this is the life!)
Thing you miss: The non-burning sensation in the back of my legs
-------------------------------

Jody at 8:54 PM

1comments

1 Comments

at 7:17 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on people, SOMEONE has to want a post card. I don´t care who. (We´ve discovered a nifty way to get free postcards, as long as you don´t mind that they don´t have fancy pictures of places on them.) It gives me something to do on the long train rides, and lets me feel like for once in my life, I have adoring fans. The email address for me is shiloh_jo@hotmail.com, or just post a comment here. Even normal friends have to send their addresses, I didn´t bring any.

Come on people, free offer!

 

Post a Comment