more than
tea and scones

Friday, June 10, 2005

Ticket to Ride

Whee!! Picked up my flight tickets, my rail pass, and an assortment of free travel books from FC today. Too cool! Of course now, looking at the actual schedules and reading about how you have to be very careful which train you get on, I'm terrified of taking the trains!

It's not like Calgary, where if you get on the wrong train, you just end up at Whitehorn (North East) instead of Heritage (South East). In Europe, if you get on the wrong train, you end up in Switzerland instead of Italy. That's a little more serious. And to make matters worse (and sound American for a moment) almost none of the signs are in English, doubly complicating things for me. I would say that the books look like greek to me, except some of them really are greek. It's all a jumble of numbers and letters and lines...oh, I'm screwed!

So if anyone out there happens to be in Switzerland, and comes upon a very lost looking red-head in a brown skirt, take pity.

Jody at 11:50 PM

1comments

1 Comments

at 10:23 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!!
Sounds like your having a ball! haha i wish i knew how to read whatever people speak in Switzerland! (I hope It's not English or that just made me sound very stupid!) haha best of luck to ya on ur journey! Have Tons of Fun You Guys!
Tori!

 

Post a Comment